Assumption of Risk and Waiver form for Grace Saskatoon Youth
Please read through the following information carefully. By signing this document you waive certain legal rights, including the right to sue.
- By typing in the Parent/Guardian’s name (the person who has legal authority over the participant) and the Participant’s name below and selecting the “I give permission” button, you are agreeing to the following statements for Grace Saskatoon Youth, a part of the Grace Fellowship of churches. If you have any questions or concerns they need to be clarified before signing.
- Grace Saskatoon Youth programming may include, but is not limited to, small group gatherings in public places and in peoples homes, the use of various program equipment, Bible teaching, outdoor activities, athletics, eating, singing, travel to and from activities around the city and the province, and various other activities and events in various locations – further referred to as the “Events.”
The Participant is participating voluntarily with the Organization in these Events. Considering this, the Parent/Guardian and the Participant hereby acknowledge that they are aware of the risks, dangers, and hazards and that they may be exposed to such risks, dangers, and hazards.
Grace Saskatoon Youth and Grace Fellowship of Saskatoon and its elders, leaders, and volunteers (collectively the “Organization”) are not responsible for any injury, personal injury, damage, property damage, expense, or loss of any kind suffered by a Participant during, or as a result of, participating in an Event.
- Pictures may be taken at appropriate times and used for promotion, publications, and social media platforms.
- Participants may not attend if they are showing any symptoms of being unwell, including sore throat, wet cough, nasal congestion, fever, difficulty breathing, non allergy related sneezing, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea until they are 48 hours symptom free.
Release of Liability – In consideration of the Organization putting on these events and the Participant participating, the Parties agree:
- A) To freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers and hazards and possibility of personal injury, death, property damage, expense and related loss, including loss of income, resulting from participation in the Events put on by the Organization.
- B) To forever release the Organization from any and all liability for any and all claims, demands, actions, and costs that might arise out of the Participant’s participation with the Organization and/or in the Events, or from the physical risks associated with same.
Acknowledgement – The Parties acknowledge that they have read this agreement and understand it, that they have executed this agreement voluntarily, and that this Agreement is to be binding upon themselves, their heirs, executors, administrators, and representatives.